Frequently asked questions
You will be working in a team of minimum 4 and maximum 8 people. You will be expected to share in the duties of the store. At Flight Centre, we believe that we are all equals and we take responsibility for ourselves and this includes our work environment
Yes. Once consultants have established a reputation for dedication and success in the country where they are originally employed, they are entitled to apply for any position within The Flight Centre Travel Group.
Since the store that you are initially hired for pays for your recruitment and training, you will not be allowed to move stores within your first 12 months, unless there are extenuating circumstances or you are relocating. You will also only be allowed to move between RETAIL brands after 12 months. If you wish to move to Corporate Traveller or Flight Centre Business Travel you need to be with Flight Centre for a minimum of 3 years.
Flight Centre is the “parent” company of several successful retail and wholesale brands, each focusing on servicing a particular segment of the travel market. The brands include
- Flight Centre
- Corporate Traveller
- Stage and Screen
- Flight Centre Associates
- Flight Centre Holidays
- FCm Travel Solutions
- Flight Centre Business Travel
Excellent. 95% of all promotions are internal, which creates considerable prospects for advancement to management. You may also choose to continue your career in another area of the company including Marketing, IT, Finance, Training, Recruitment, Corporate or wholesale travel.
A career with Flight Centre offers the chance to share in the company’s phenomenal success!
These benefits include:
• Excellent prospects for advancement due to rapid growth and a company policy of promoting from within
• A dynamic career with a successful global organisation
• Exceptional earning potential based on results, not longevity of service
• Extensive training in all aspects of the travel industry
• Discounted travel
• Work related travel benefits including educational travel and conferences
• Ongoing training in business management skills
• A contribution of R740 for your medical aid with Discovery Health
• Financial Planning service
• Health and Fitness consults
• Uniform allowance of R2400 upon joining, and then an annual allowance of R1600
• Provident fund based on 4.7 % of basic retainer from month 7 or upon permanent employment (Business Development Managers)
Absolutely! Flight Centre Travel Group is one of the world’s largest and most successful travel groups. It was founded in 1981 and currently has over 2500 stores worldwide. The company currently operates in Australia, New Zealand, The USA, Canada, Great Britain, Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong, India and South Africa.