THE CRUISING SPECIALISTS
Flight Centre Travel Group is a global company with offices in 11 countries across the globe. For over 20 years we’ve been sending holidaymakers to exotic destinations all over the world. Our customers love us because we provide the best service, affordable prices and unforgettable experiences they’re looking for. And there are plenty of benefits for you too! Also, we’ve been awarded a Gold “standard of excellence” Achiever Seal in the recent Deloitte best company to work for survey! Now’s your chance to hop on board with our award-winning crew.
At Cruiseabout, we don’t just let anyone on board. Our crew is exclusively made up of people with a passion for sailing and sales. We’re looking for people who know how to meet new clients, keep in touch with old ones and get along swimmingly with the rest of the crew. Enthusiastic, hardworking and ambitious, making sales is a priority and your customers always come first. Whatever challenges you’re faced with, it’s smooth sailing all the way.
CRUISEABOUT TRAVEL EXPERT
If world travel, meeting new people and reaching targets is your passion, then this the perfect fit for you. As a Cruiseabout Travel Expert, your goal is to make customers’ travel cruise dreams come true. Thanks to your expert advice, organising skills and can-do attitude, your customers will be sailing the seven seas in no time. Plus it’s all commissions based, so there’s plenty in it for you too!
Here’s what you need to join the crew:
- Great people skills and the ability to work one-on-one or in a team
- A good academic record (an undergraduate degree is an advantage)
- Strong computer literacy, basic mathematics and good writing skills
- Know how to work in Amadeus - Global Distribution System, Quicktrav, Gmail and Microsoft Office
- Be able to evaluate facts and make confident decisions
- Efficient work planning and scheduling
- Ability to perform and follow through tasks without direct supervision
- Meet tight deadlines, manage demanding clients and provide excellent customer service under challenging conditions
Here’s what you need to do every day to stay afloat as a Cruiseabout Travel Expert.
KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY
- Listen to your clients’ needs and provide detailed and relevant information
- Respond to enquiries in 3 hours and answer phone calls within 3 rings
- Keep client confidentiality
- Resolve client issues quickly and effectively
- Deliver itineraries and travel documents professionally, on time and error free
- Take into account directness of routing, cost and airline preference
WORK AND GROW WITH YOUR TEAM
- Work alone and with others in a small open-area office
- Be willing to accept and give direction from and to others
- Work as a team member in friendly competition with co-workers
- Support, encourage and offer help to colleagues
- Share product knowledge and information on fares and destinations
- Be open to constructive comments from team members, team leaders and clients
GET THINGS DONE
- Report to shop Team Leader
- Manage daily paperwork and administration
- Maintain correct records and accurate details of travel arrangements
- Be willing to work long hours and night shifts for uncapped commission and time off
- Set your own priorities within general guidelines and take control of your own work
- Attend all conferences, team meetings, industry training and seminars
- Take ownership for general tasks and duties in the office e.g. general cleaning, banking etc.
- Achieve yearly sales figures
- Meet office targets, budgets and monthly KPIs (performance indicators)
- Stick closely to Flight Centre Travel Group operational standards and live up to our values and philosophy
If joining one of the best companies to work for isn’t enough to inspire you, then take a look at these great extras for our top performers.
Uncapped earning potential: set your own goals, the world is your oyster!
Fantastic travel discounts: get great deals on family holidays and educational travel
Legendary celebrations: top achievers are invited to our amazing Annual Global Conference
Awesome company culture: mingle at entertaining team catch-ups and inspiring conferences
Ongoing skills development: keep your career on track with structured training programmes
*Flight Centre Travel Group was awarded a Gold “standard of excellence” Achiever Seal in the recent Deloitte best company to work for survey. This seal recognizes the positive sentiment of our employees and rewards our commitment to working towards making our organization a great place to work.
To apply there are a few boxes you need to tick
- Are you an SA Citizen?
- Do you have a Matric Certificate?
- Have you completed a Tertiary Qualification? (Diploma etc)
- Do you have 4 years work experience?
If you have said YES to all of these, get on board!