LET’S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER BETTER
Flight Centre Travel Group is a global company with offices in 11 countries all over the world. For over 20 years we’ve been providing tailor-made travel solutions to hundreds of business travellers every day. Over and above being the experts in business travel, we’re also a fantastic place to work. In fact, we’ve been awarded a Gold “standard of excellence” Achiever Seal in the recent Deloitte best company to work for survey! So, if you’re keen to become part of our award-winning team, you’ve come to the right place.
ALL ABOUT YOU
You’re a proudly South African citizen, with a passion for world travel. You love people and making new connections. Whether it’s dealing with new customers, keeping in touch with established clients or working closely with your colleagues, you’re the first person people come to when they need support or travel advice. Enthusiastic, hardworking and ambitious, your positive attitude is infectious and no task is too challenging. Precision and efficiency are a priority, and you make short work of even the longest to-do lists.
Sound familiar? Then read on because we’ve got the perfect position for you.
CORPORATE TRAVELLER ACCOUNT MANAGER
This one is for the savvy travellers and sales aficionados. As a Corporate Traveller Account Manager, you’ll be providing expert travel advice and comprehensive service to your very own client base. The position is sales oriented and involves working towards targets with commissions and incentives to keep you motivated.
To effectively fill the role of Corporate Traveller Account Manager, there are a few boxes you’ll need to tick:
- Great people skills and the ability to work one-on-one or in a team
- A good academic record (an undergraduate degree is an advantage)
- Strong computer literacy, basic mathematics and good writing skills
- Know how to work in Amadeus- Global Distribution System, Quicktrav, Gmail and Microsoft Office
- Be able to evaluate facts and make confident decisions
- Efficient work planning and scheduling
- Ability to perform and follow through tasks without direct supervision
- Meet tight deadlines, manage demanding clients and provide excellent customer service under challenging conditions
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A CORPORATE TRAVELLER ACCOUNT MANAGER
Aside from an awesome work environment, rewarding projects and plenty of incentives, here are a few things you’ll be expected to do when you step into the office every day.
KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY
- Listen to your clients’ needs and provide detailed and relevant information
- Respond to enquiries in 3 hours and answer phone calls within 3 rings
- Keep client confidentiality
- Resolve client issues quickly and effectively
- Deliver itineraries and travel documents professionally, on time and error free
- Take into account directness of routing, cost and airline preference
WORK AND GROW WITH YOUR TEAM
- Work alone and with others in a small open-area office
- Be willing to accept and give direction from and to others
- Work as a team member in friendly competition with co-workers
- Support, encourage and offer help to colleagues
- Share product knowledge and information on fares and destinations
- Be open to constructive comments from team members, team leaders and clients
GET THINGS DONE
- Report to shop Team Leader
- Manage daily paperwork and administration
- Maintain correct records and accurate details of travel arrangements
- Be willing to work long hours and night shifts for uncapped commission and time off
- Set your own priorities within general guidelines and take control of your own work
- Attend all conferences, team meetings, industry training and seminars
- Take ownership for general tasks and duties in the office e.g. general cleaning, banking etc.
- Achieve yearly sales figures
- Meet office targets, budgets and monthly KPIs (performance indicators)
- Stick closely to Flight Centre Travel Group operational standards and live up to our values and philosophy
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
If joining one of SA’s best companies to work for isn’t enough to get you going, there are plenty of other great incentives to sweeten the deal.
- Uncapped earning potential: set your own goals, the sky is the limit!
- Fantastic travel discounts: get great deals on family holidays and educational travel
- Legendary celebrations: top achievers are invited to our amazing Annual Global Conference
- Awesome company culture: mingle at entertaining team catch-ups and inspiring conferences
- Ongoing skills development: keep your career on track with structured training programmes
Flight Centre Travel Group was awarded a Gold “standard of excellence” Achiever Seal in the recent Deloitte best company to work for survey. This seal recognizes the positive sentiment of our employees and rewards our commitment to working towards making our organization a great place to work.
What are you waiting for?
To apply there are a few boxes you need to tick
- Are you an SA Citizen?
- Do you have a Matric Certificate?
- Have you completed a Tertiary Qualification? (Diploma etc)
- Do you have 2 years Travel Consultant experience?
- Do you have GDS experience?
If you have said YES to all of these Get on board!