Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
LET’S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER BETTER
Flight Centre Travel Group is a global company with offices in 11 countries all over the world. For over 20 years we’ve been providing tailor-made travel solutions to hundreds of business travellers every day. Over and above being the experts in business travel, we’re also a fantastic place to work. In fact, we’ve been been awarded a Gold “standard of excellence” Achiever Seal in the recent Deloitte best company to work for survey! So, if you’re keen to become part of our award-winning team, you’ve come to the right place.
ALL ABOUT YOU
You’re smart, persistent and hungry for success. The only thing you’re more passionate about than travel is making sales and winning business. You understand the world of business travel and use your experience to meet targets and exceed expectations. You know what it takes to make a business work, and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. You’ve got the gift of the gab and people can’t help but be convinced by your impressive sales pitches.
CORPORATE TRAVELLER BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Making sales, presenting pitches and growing the business is the name of this game. It’s about making new connections and nurturing existing ones. With all this new business being brought in, there’s also a big need to keep tabs of it all, strategically plan the next steps, and make sure all staff members are pulling their weight.
To effectively fill the role of Corporate Traveller BDM, there are a few boxes you’ll need to tick:
- Excellent presentation and negotiating skills
- Fully understanding the Corporate Traveller brand, offering, goals and competitors
- Manage and direct a large staff complement
- Strategic work planning and scheduling
- Be able to evaluate clients’ needs and make convincing proposals
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A CORPORATE TRAVELLER BDM
Aside from an awesome work environment, rewarding projects and plenty of incentives, here are a few things you’ll be expected to do when you step into the office every day.
IT’S ALL ABOUT WHO YOU KNOW
- Identify new opportunities to grow the business
- Connect with new potential clients and enhance existing relationships
- Cold call, set up meetings and pitch new solutions and services
KEEP YOUR CLIENTS HAPPY
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
- Develop proposals to address clients’ needs, concerns and objectives
- Tailor your presentations and interactions to suit clients’ company style
STAY UP TO SPEED
- Attend industry functions, association events and conferences
- Stay on top of the latest market and creative trends
- Develop the company’s unique selling propositions
- Work with mid- and senior-level management, marketing and technical staff to develop new services, products and distribution channels
MANAGEMENT AND RESEARCH
- Take part in developing prices for various company services
- Forecast sales targets and make sure they’re met by the team
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals
- Mentor and train business developers and other internal staff
- Make sure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are done on time
- Ensure that all team members live up to the high standards of the Corporate Traveller brand
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
If joining one of SA’s best companies to work for isn’t enough to get you going, there are plenty of other great incentives to sweeten the deal.
- Uncapped earning potential: set your own goals, the sky is the limit!
- Fantastic travel discounts: get great deals on family holidays and educational travel
- Legendary celebrations: top achievers are invited to our amazing Annual Global Conference
- Awesome company culture: mingle at entertaining team catch-ups and inspiring conferences
- Ongoing skills development: keep your career on track with structured training programmes
*Flight Centre Travel Group was awarded a Gold “standard of excellence” Achiever Seal in the recent Deloitte best company to work for survey. This seal recognizes the positive sentiment of our employees and rewards our commitment to working towards making our organization a great place to work. What are you waiting for?
To apply there are a few boxes you need to tick
- Are you an SA Citizen?
- Do you have a Matric Certificate?
- Have you completed a Tertiary Qualification? (Diploma etc)
- Do you have 4 years work experience?
- Do you have Business to Business sales experience?
If you have said YES to all of these and believe you have what it takes